Post Name : Inspector
Vacancies : 461 Posts
Age Limit : 18 years – 38 years
Salary Scale : RS 10300 - 34800 + Grade Pay 4200
Educational Qualifications :
a) The Candidate should be a graduate from a recognized University or an Institution or its equivalent and
b) The candidate should have passed Punjabi Language subject upto Matric standard. However in case of Ex-servicemen, riot victims/ terrorist victims or their dependents, the person, if selected, will have to pass Punjabi examination of Matriculation standard within six months from the date of joining the service, if not having the requisite qualification already.
How to Apply :
1. You are required to apply online through Department of Food, Civil Supplies and Consumer Affairs, Punjab website www.foodsuppb.nic.in No other means / mode of application (through post, email, fax, deposit of CV etc.) will be accepted.
2. Firstly ensure that you have a valid personal email ID. In case, a candidate does not have a valid personal email ID, he/she should create his/her new email ID before applying Online. You should keep checking the inbox or even the spam box of this email id from regularly during the recruitment process as the Department of Food, Civil Supplies and Consumer Affairs, Punjab may send intimations for written test etc. through this.
3. Please go to the website www.foodsuppb.nic.in and click on the link Recruitment of Inspectors 2013. This link will take you to the home page of our recruitment portal.
4. Click on the link 'BANK CHALLAN' and take a print out of the challan form.
5. Based on the category in which you intend to apply, the following Fees will have to be paid:
a. SC/BC : Rs.200
b. All other categories (including General) : Rs.800
6. Fill all the three leaflets very carefully in CAPITAL LETTERS. It is important to note that the requisite fee can only be deposited in any of State Bank of Patiala branches as department has only nominated State Bank of Patiala for Collection of Fee. Fee paid in any other bank or in any other format (Cheque, Postal Order, Demand Draft etc.) will not be accepted.
7. After depositing the fee, you will get two leaflets (Candidate's Copy and Department's copy) out of three leaflets. Bank copy will be kept by the bank where you will deposit the fee. Get the Candidate's copy of this bank challan scanned after depositing the fee as you will have to upload this scanned soft copy during registration. Keep the original copy of challan form with you during registration as you will need Branch Code, Journal No, Amount and Date of Deposit at the time of filling online application form.
8. Please scan your Photograph, Signatures and Bank Challan form individually and save them individually in JPEG format. The size of any of these individual images should not exceed 100 kb each, otherwise you will not be able to submit your online application.
9. Pls keep following details ready with you before clicking on the registration button for starting your online application.
a. Bank Details like Receiving Branch Code, Journal No, Amount and Date of Deposit
b. Personal demographic details including Date of Birth and Nationality
c. Mobile Number
d. Personal Email ID
e. Reservation Category Details
f. Graduation Percentage
g. Soft Copies of scanned Photograph, Signatures and Bank Challan
10. YOU ARE NOW READY TO APPLY ONLINE.
11. Go to the website www.foodsuppb.nic.in and click on the link 'Recruitment of Inspectors'. Further click the sub link 'Online Application'. Clicking on this sub-link will open the Online Application Form.
12. Carefully fill in these details one by one including the necessary details from the Fee Payment Bank Challan. The name of the candidate or his/her father/mother/husband etc. should be spelt correctly in the application as it appears in the certificates/mark sheets. Any change/alteration found may disqualify the candidature.
13. Upload the scanned copies of photograph, signatures and bank challan.
14. Re-Check that all details are filled correctly.
15. Go through each and every point under the Declaration para. If you fulfil all those conditions and criteria, then and only then check the I Agree box. Any wrong information may put you in legal troubles.
16. Now you are ready to submit the Application form by clicking on the button Submit Form.
17. Once you click the button Submit Form, you will get your application no., login id and password. Please note these down and keep them safe with you as you will be requiring these while logging into the recruitment portal. In fact you will be required to download the Admit Card from this portal later on, by logging in through same login id and password.
18. Please take TWO printouts of the Online Application Form. Affix the same passport size photograph (which was uploaded with the online form) on it and keep it safe with you. DO NOT SEND IT TO US. This application printout with photograph affixed on it will have to be submitted during counselling along with the original copies of following:
a. Relevant Degree Certificate.
b. Reserve Category Certificate issued by the Competent Authority ( If Applicable)
c. Original counterfoil of the Fee Payment Challan (Department Copy)
d. Proof of Date of Birth Certificate of Matriculation/Higher Secondary
e. Proof of having passed Matric level Punjabi Language.
f. Certificate as proof of age relaxation if claimed
g. Proof of being Govt. Employee if applicable If you are an Ex-Serviceman, additional certificates/documents mentioning the following: -
a. Date of Enrolment
b. Date of Release/Discharge
c. Reason of Release/ Discharge
19. To download your Admit Card, you will visit the department website www.foodsuppb.nic.in and click the same link Recruitment of Inspectors 2013 which will take you to the same recruitment portal where you had filled your online application form. You can click on Login button, put in your login id and password to download and print your Admit Card. Intimation about when to download the Admit Card will be sent to you through email / SMS.
20. Question Paper along with the Answer Key will be posted on the department website, within one day after the examination, for calling objections, if any, from the candidates. You can email your objections on our email id email@example.com within three days after the test i.e. till 19th December, 2013. The final key after considering all the objections and making necessary corrections, if any, will be uploaded on the website within two weeks of the day of examination. This key will be used for preparation of final result.
Selection Procedure :
1. SELECTION WILL BE BASED ON WRITTEN EXAMINATION ONLY. There will be no interview. The merit will be prepared on the basis of result of written examination. The question paper will be provided both in English and Punjabi. It will have 150 questions each carrying one mark as per the details given below:-
a) Language Proficiency
1. Punjabi 13 questions
2. English 12 questions
b) General Knowledge 25 questions
c) Mental Ability / Reasoning 50 questions
d) Mathematical Skills 25 questions (With Matric as the difficulty level)
e) Computer Proficiency 25 questions
1. There will be negative marking of 0.25 marks for every wrong answer.
2. The duration of the examination will be 150 minutes.
3. Minimum qualifying marks for candidates of all categories will be 35% (Thirty five percent) of the total marks.
4. The merit list prepared on the basis of this written test will remain valid for six months from the day the result is declared.
5. Other Important points to keep in mind
a) No travelling allowance would be admissible for appearing in the test.
b) Mere issue of admit card will not entitle a candidate to be eligible for appointment after the declaration of written examination result.
c) Successful candidates in the written examination shall produce their original certificates/testimonials in person as and when required by the Commissioner, Food, Civil Supplies and Consumer Affairs, Punjab.
d) If any information, certificate or a document is found false at any stage, the candidate shall be liable for disqualification and prosecution.
e) Please apply only if you fulfil all the eligibility conditions. Any wrong submission of information will make you liable for permanent disqualification from applying in the department as the database of all applicants will be duly maintained.
f) In case of any problem regarding filling of form, you can email to firstname.lastname@example.org.Efforts will be made to address the issue as promptly as possible.
g) In order to avoid last minute panic, you are advised to apply well before the last date.
Official website : http:// www.foodsuppb.nic.in/ (Department of Food, Civil Supplies and Consumer Affairs, Punjab Jobs)
More details Such as Eligibility Criteria, Educational Qualification, Age Limit, Salary Scale, Pay Scale, Exam Date, Exam Center, Syllabus, Papers, Application Form, Apply Online, Selection Procedure, Application Status, Admit Card, Answer Key, Result, Recruitment, Vacancy and Job details of the Department of Food, Civil Supplies and Consumer Affairs, Punjab post of Inspector in October 2013 is mentioned above
Click Here For More Details.
Click here for online apply.