POWERGRID, the Central Transmission Utility (CTU) of India, one of the largest Transmission Utilities in the World and a Navratna Enterprise of Govt. of India is engaged in power transmission business with the mandate for planning, co-ordination, supervision and control over complete interState transmission system and operation of National & Regional Power Grids. POWERGRID operates around 1,28,200 circuit kms of transmission lines along with 206 Sub-stations (as on 29.02.2016) and wheels about 50% of total power generated in the country through its transmission network. POWERGRID owns and operates 36,563 kms of Telecom Network, having point of presence in 595 locations and Intra-city network in 105 cities across India. POWERGRID has been making profit since inception, having Gross turnover of Rs. 17,658 Crore and Profit After Tax of Rs. 5046 Crore (FY: 2014 - 15).
To take the growth curve to further heights, POWERGRID is looking for Bright, Committed and Energetic candidates in the area of TELECOM, FINANCE & ACCOUNTS and COMPANY SECRETARY as per details given below :
Post Code : 136
Post Name : Engineer / E2A
Vacancies : 12
Age Limit : 33 Years
Salary Scale : IDA 20600 - 46500 (Revised)
Educational Qualification and Experience :
(1) BE/ B.Tech./ B.Sc.Engg./ AMIE in Electronics & Telecommunication discipline equivalent from a recognized university/ institute with minimum 60% marks. (OR) Candidates having Post Graduate / M.Tech specialization in Marketing will be preferred.
(2) Should have a post qualification experience of 3 years in the Executive/ Gazetted Officer Cadre out of which at least two years in the following pay scale or equivalent level.
Post Code : 137
Post Name : Assistant Officer (Accounts) / E1
Vacancies : 31
Age Limit : 30 Years
Salary Scale : IDA 16,400-40,500 (Revised)
Educational Qualification and Experience :
(1) CA / ICWA passed candidates with demonstrable skill in use of MS Office and Windows.
(2) Should have a post qualification experience of one year in the executive/ gazetted officer cadre in the following pay scale or equivalent level.
Post Code : 138
Post Name : Assistant Officer Trainee (Company Secretary) / E1 Trainee
Vacancies : 2
Age Limit : 28 Years
Salary Scale : IDA 16,400-40,500 (Revised)
Educational Qualification and Experience : Candidates should be Associate Member of Institute of Company Secretaries of India.
Selection Process : Written Test, Group Discussion and Personal Interview
Application Fee : 460/- (including bank charges) to any SBI branch through the Challan generated at their Candidate Login at POWERGRID Website. After submission of the fee, candidates are advised to retain their copy of the Bank Challan. The challan deposit status will also be updated on respective candidate login page on receipt of information from SBI. No fee for SC / ST / PwD and Ex-Serviceman.
How To Apply :
1. Application window for POWERGRID shall be open from 03.05.2016 to 31.05.2016. Candidates have to register themselves online at POWERGRID website, which will be made available at
CAREER section of www.powergridindia.com.
2. Candidates will have to upload their latest colour passport size photograph (.jpg file size not exceeding 50 kb) and scanned copy of signature (.jpg file size not exceeding 30 kb).
3. Candidates will have to correctly declare their Name and Date of Birth as mentioned in their Birth certificate or matric certificate. Candidates will have to declare their category correctly and must be in a position to submit relevant certificate in prescribed format as and when asked by POWERGRID. Candidates must correctly enter the qualification details including date of acquiring qualification as mentioned in their certificates. The same will be verified with original at the time of interview.
4. For Post ID- 136 & 137, Candidates will have to upload the following documents in PDF format.
a. Experience Certificate in chronological order (for Present as well as Previous employment indicating start date, end date, designation, pay scale/ emoluments & area of experience). Do not include trainee level / teaching/ pre -qualification experience.
b. Duly certified pay slip/ pay certificate for April 2014, April 2015 & April 2016 for Post ID- 136 and of April 2015 & March/ April 2016 for Post ID- 137, in support of experience in relevant pay scale/ emoluments/ equivalent level for the duration concerned. Candidates working in PSU/ Govt. organisations must attach proof of pay scale & level.
c. Candidates working in Govt. Department/ organization must produce certificate that they are holding gazetted post.
4. After successful completion of registration, 2 copies of Challan for submission of Application Fees shall be generated (for Other than SC/ST/PwD and EX-SM candidates). In addition, candidates shall also receive an email with details of their Login ID, Password and other information.
5. Candidates other than SC/ST/PwD and EX-SM are required to submit Application Fee of Rs. 460/- (including bank charges) to any SBI branch through the Challan generated at their Candidate Login at POWERGRID Website. After submission of the fee, candidates are advised to retain their copy of the Bank Challan. The challan deposit status will also be updated on respective candidate login page on receipt of information from SBI.
6. Please note that Application Fee can be deposited at ANY branch of State Bank of India after minimum 2 bank working days of application submission.
7. Last date of application fee submission is 04.06.2016.
8. Admit cards (wherever test is conducted) shall be issued through the respective Candidate Login of the candidates and will be collected from the candidates at the examination venue.
9. Candidates are not required to forward the hard copies of their applications to POWERGRID
General Information :
1. Only Indian Nationals above 18 years age are eligible to apply.
2. The selected candidates can be posted anywhere in India /abroad depending on requirement.
3. Before applying, the candidate should ensure that he / she fulfills the eligibility criteria and other norms mentioned in this advertisement.
4. All eligibility qualification should be recognized in India and from a recognized Institution or University.
5. For Post ID-136 : The essential qualification shall include BE/ B.Tech./ B.Sc. Engg. or other recognized equivalent qualifications of Professional Societies like AMIE. Candidates with qualification from professional societies are required to provide necessary documents / proof of recognition of their qualification in case shortlisted for interview.
6. For Post ID- 136 : The Electronics & Telecommunication discipline or equivalent shall include Electronics / Electronics & Communication/ Electronics & Telecommunication / Electronics & Electrical Communication / Telecommunication Engineering only.
7. Wherever percentage of Marks is specified in essential qualification, the same shall be considered without rounding off.
8. Wherever CGPA/OGPA/DGPA or Letter Grade in a degree / diploma is awarded, its equivalent percentage of marks must be indicated in the application form as per norms adopted by University / Institute.
9. Percentage of marks obtained by the candidate in the bachelor\'s degree shall be calculated based on the practice followed by the university/institution from where the candidate has obtained the degree. In case the candidates are awarded grades/CGPA instead of marks, the conversion of grades/CGPA to percentage of marks shall be based on the procedure certified by the university/ institution from where they have obtained the bachelor\'s degree. In case the university/ institution does not have any scheme for converting CGPA into equivalent marks, the equivalence would be established by dividing the candidate\'s CGPA by the maximum possible CGPA and multiplying the result with 100
10. In case of qualification acquired from foreign Institute/ University, the same may be treated at par with qualification offered by Indian Institutes/ Universities provided the candidates are able to produce equivalency certificate for such qualification from Competent Authority.
11. Teaching experience and Trainee period will not be counted as experience.
12. Categories/ Subcategories of PwD eligible for the posts are as per the categories/ sub-categories of PwD identified suitable for the posts as per Govt. Notification.
13. If any certificate etc. is issued in a language other than Hindi/English, candidates are advised to submit a certified translation of the same in either Hindi or English language at the time of Interview, if called for.
14. If POWERGRID is unable to conduct the Screening / Written Test at one or more locations due to reasons beyond its control, it shall be at liberty to cancel/ postpone the whole test or to postpone the test at any particular centre and conduct it subsequently or to take any other measure as it may deem fit.
15. Mere submission of Application does not guarantee the adequacy of candidature for being considered for further selection process. Candidature shall be considered valid only after deposit of application fee (if applicable) by the last date and submission of copies of relevant documents in the online application.
16. Candidates are not required to send any hard copy of application to any address (See How to apply section). However, in case POWERGRID ask for any document for further verification of eligibility and the same is required to be sent by post/ mail, then POWERGRID will not be responsible for any postal delay or loss of the same in transit.
17. Candidates will have to produce the original documents for verification at the time of interview, if called for.
18. Management reserves the right to consider applicants for placement at a position lower than the advertised post, if suitable candidates are not available for the advertised positions.
19. Management reserves the right to cancel / restrict /enlarge / modify / alter the recruitment/ selection process, if need so arises, without issuing any further notice or assigning any reason thereafter.
20. Vacancies may vary depending upon the requirement.
21. Candidature is liable to be rejected at any stage of recruitment/ selection process or after joining, if any information provided by the candidate is not found in conformity with the eligibility criteria notified or if POWERGRID comes across any evidence/knowledge that the qualification, experience and any other particulars indicated in application/other forms/formats are not recognized/ false/ misleading and / or amounts to suppression of information/particulars which should have been brought to the notice of POWERGRID.
22. All computations of Age, Post Qualification Experience etc., shall be as on Last Date of Submission of Online Application i.e. 31.05.2016. Date of issuance of final passing mark sheet shall be taken as the date of acquiring qualification. For Post ID � 138, date of acquiring Associate Membership of ICSI shall be treated as date of acquiring qualification.
23. Candidates currently employed in Public Sector/Central or State Government/Autonomous bodies/ Co-operative establishments are advised to forward their applications through proper channel or produce NOC at the time of interview.
24. Application Fee is non-refundable even if the candidature is rejected for any reason.
25. All photocopies of documents uploaded along with the online application should be self attested by the candidate.
26. Applications that are not in conformity with the requirements indicated in the advertisement/ incomplete applications/ without signature/ without Photograph / application fee or without necessary document proofs as prescribed will be rejected.
27. Candidate should submit correctly filled single application. In case of multiple applications/ registrations, the application against which fee is deposited shall only be considered as valid. If application fee is exempted then the last registered application shall only be considered as final.
28. Applications in which the essential qualification and essential post qualification experience requirement cannot be fully ascertained will be liable for rejection at POWERGRID\'s discretion. Hence candidates are advised to properly fill the application and provide necessary documents as asked for.
29. Complaints attributable to compatibility of the Client Systems, ignorance of users, non-availability of internet connectivity or any other aspects beyond the direct control of POWERGRID employees or systems will not be entertained. No communication made in POWERGRID\'s Complaint Management System, in respect of this recruitment will be entertained by POWERGRID.
30. For any queries regarding this recruitment email may be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org. However, candidates are advised to go through the advertisement in detail and not to raise any query which is already mentioned/ clarified in the advertisement. Candidates are required to add this email-id to their address book in order to avoid any email communication gap. For technical queries relating to online application form or browsing issues mail may be sent with subject line : \" - Technical Issue - \". For other recruitment related issue, mail may be sent with subject line: \" - \".
31. A valid e-mail ID is essential for submission of the online application. POWERGRID will not be responsible incorrect entry of e-mail ID or mobile No. or for bouncing of any e-mail sent to the candidates or delivery in junk mail folder.
32. Candidates are advised to make a note of their e-mail ID as entered in the application form and Registration Number generated at the top right hand corner of the \'Resume\'. These would be required for accessing information during the later stage of the recruitment process.
33. Legal jurisdiction will be the NCT of Delhi in case of any cause / dispute
34. All information regarding this recruitment process would be made available in the career section of POWERGRID website only.
35. Applicants are advised to check the web site periodically for important updates. Once registered for POWERGRID, all correspondences shall be made through their registered e-mail ID or candidate login only.
More details Such as Eligibility Criteria, Educational Qualification, Age Limit, Salary Scale, Pay Scale, Exam Date, Exam Center, Syllabus, Papers, Application Form, Apply Online, Selection Procedure, Application Status, Admit Card, Answer Key, Result, Recruitment, Vacancy and Job details of theThe Power Grid Corporation of India Limited (POWERGRID) post of Engineer, Assistant Officer, Assistant Officer Trainee in May 2016 is mentioned above
Official website : http://www.powergridindia.com/
Click Here For More Details.
Click here for online apply.