Post Name : Food Safety Officer
Age Limit : 21-40 years
Vacancies : 430 Posts
Salary Scale : : Rs. 9,300/- - Rs. 34,800/- (Grade Pay Rs. 4200/-).
Essential Qualification : A Bachelor\'s degree in Food Technology or Dairy Technology or Bio-technology or Oil Technology or Agricultural Science or Veterinary Sciences or Bio-Chemistry or Microbiology or Post-Graduate Degree in Chemistry or Degree in Medicine from a recognised university, or any other equivalent/recognised qualification notified by the Central Government.
Preferential Qualification: A candidate who has: (i) served in the Territorial Army for a minimum period of two years, or
(ii) obtained a \'B\' certificate of National Cadet Corps, shall other things being equal be given preference in the matter of direct recruitment.
Provided that no person who has any financial interest in the manufacture, import or sale of any article of food shall be appointed to be a Food Safety Officer under these rules.
Note:- It will be compulsory for the selected candidates to complete training successfully as specified by the food authority in a recognised institute or institution approved for the purpose.
Application Fee : After filling in the \'Candidate Registration\' format of the On-line application, the candidate shall procure the print-out of the E-challan in duplicate. The E-Challan will be used to deposit the fee in any of the branches of State Bank of India or Punjab National Bank by the candidate according to his category. The fee will not be allowed to be deposited by any other mode except E-Challan/I-collect. The above fee, for Examination according to the category, is as under:-
(i) Unreserved (General) - Exam fee Rs. 100/- + On-line processing fee Rs. 15/- Total = Rs. 115/-
(ii) Other Backward Class - Exam fee Rs. 100/- + On-line processing fee Rs. 15/- Total = Rs. 115/-
(iii) Scheduled Caste - Exam fee Rs. 40/- + On-line processing fee Rs. 15/- Total = Rs. 55/-
(iv) Scheduled Tribe - Exam fee Rs. 40/- + On-line processing fee Rs. 15/- Total = Rs. 55/-
(v) Handicapped - Exam fee NIL + On-line processing fee Rs. 15/- Total = Rs. 15/-
(vi) Dependents of the Freedom Fighters - According to the original category mentioned from Sl. Nos. 1 to 4,
(vii) Ex-Servicemen - According to the original category mentioned from Sl. Nos. 1 to 4.
(viii) Women - According to the original category mentioned from Sl. Nos. 1 to 4.
1. In no circumstances, applications of any stage shall be accepted after the last prescribed date and time. Applications found without requisite informations and without photograph and signature, even when received in time, will be summarily rejected.
2. In the On-line system the candidates must click the submit Button by the Last Date & Time. They must take the print out and keep it safely. In any discrepancy they will have to produce the print out otherwise no request shall be entertained.
3. Those candidates, willing to take the benefit of the reservation/age relaxation must obtain a certificate, issued by the competent authority, in support of the reserved category, in the prescribed format printed in this detailed advertisement (Appendix-3) and submit the same to the Commission, whenever required to do so. Those claiming more than one reservation/Age relaxation will be given only one such concession, which will be more beneficial. The candidates who are not originally domiciled of U.P. belonging to SC, ST, O.B.C., dependents of freedom fighters,Ex-Serviceman, P.H. and women are not entitled to benefit of reservation. Such candidates will be treated as general candidates. In case of the women candidates, the domicile/caste certificate issued from father side will be treated valid.
4. The Commission do not advise to candidates about their eligibility. Therefore, they should carefully read the advertisement and when satisfied about their eligibility conditions of the advertisement, then only apply. The candidates must possess all the requisite qualifications till the last date for submitting the applications.
5. In the category of dependents of the freedom fighters only sons, daughters, grandsons and grand daughters (son\'s son and daughter) are covered. Only such relationships with the freedom fighters are not adequate but the candidate should remain actually dependent of the freedom fighter. Drawing the attention of the candidates towards Govt. orders dated 22.01.1982, 08.03.1983 and Govt. Order No. 3014, Personnel-2, 1982 dated 18.10.1982 read with Govt. Order No. 6/1972 Personnel-2, 1982 dated 15.01.1983, it is advised that now the candidates must obtain the reservation certificate from the District Magistrate in terms of Govt. Order No. 4/3/82-Ka-2-97 dated 26.12.1997 in the prescribed format and submit the same.
6. In the event of involvement of a candidate in the concealment of any important information, pendency of any case/criminal case, conviction, more than a husband or wife being alive, submission of facts in a distorted manner, malpractice, canvassing for selection etc., the Commission reserves the right to reject the candidature and debar from appearing in the examination in question and all future other examinations and selections.
7. In case the candidates feel any problem in the \"On-line Application\" they may get their problem resolved by contacting over phone or Website clicking \'Contact us\'.
How to Apply:
This advertisement is also available on the Commission\'s website http://uppsc.up.nic.in. The On-line application system is applicable for applying against this advertisement. Applications sent by any other mode shall not be entertained. Candidates are advised to apply On-line only. In connection with On-line application, candidates are advised to go through thoroughly the instructions and apply accordingly.
More details Such as Eligibility Criteria, Educational Qualification, Age Limit, Salary Scale, Pay Scale, Exam Date, Exam Center, Syllabus, Papers, Application Form, Apply Online, Selection Procedure, Application Status, Admit Card, Answer Key, Result, Recruitment, Vacancy and Job details of theUnion Public Service Commission (UPPSC) post of Food Safety Officer in July 2014 is mentioned above
Official website : http://uppsc.up.nic.in/
Click Here For More Details.
Click here for online apply.