JAMMU & KASHMIR PUBLIC SERVICE COMMISSION POLO GROUND, SRINAGAR, KASHMIR -190001
Applications on prescribed form are invited from the permanent residents of Jammu & Kashmir State possessing the prescribed academic qualification and age for the posts of Assistant Engineer (Mechanical) in Public Works (R&B) Department as per the category-wise break-up tabulated below. The posts carry the pay scale of Rs. 9300 – 34800 Grade Pay=5200 plus Allowances as admissible under rules. The applications complete in all respects and accompanied with the documents detailed hereinafter should reach the office of the J&K Public Service Commission Polo Ground Srinagar/ Resham Garh Colony Bakshi Nagar Jammu by or on 15.11.2013. In case it is declared a public holiday the last date for receipt of Application Forms shall be following working day.
Post Name : Assistant Engineer (Mechanical)
Vacancies : 33 Posts
Salary Scale : RS 9300 – 34800 + Grade Pay 5200
Age Limit : 18 years - 37 years
Educational Qualifications : Bachelor's Degree in Mechanical Engineering or AMIE Section (A & B) India (Mechanical Engineering).
Application Forms :
(a) Application Forms can be obtained from the office of the J&K Public Service Commission, Polo Ground Srinagar/Resham Ghar Colony, Bakshi Nagar, Jammu on cash payment of 500/- (excluding processing charges of Rs.10/) in respect of General Category candidates and 250/- (excluding processing charges of 10/-)in respect of Category candidates through the counters of J&K Bank opened in the offices of J&K Public Service Commission at Polo Ground, Srinagar/Resham Ghar Colony, Bakshi Nagar, Jammu from 9:30 am to 3:00 pm on all working days.
(b) The OMR Application Forms should be filled up neatly, correctly and completely. A copy of passport size photograph duly attested by the Gazetted Officer should be pasted at the relevant place/space in the Application Form.
(c) The Application Form complete in all respects should be photo-copied. The photocopies of the certificates/testimonials be attached with photocopy of the Application Form. The OMR Application Form together with the photocopy of the Application Form and enclosures be submitted to the Commission office in the envelope provided by the Commission along with the Application Form. Please note that the application form on which correction fluid is applied shall be rejected outrightly.
(d) The Application Forms complete in all respects must reach the Secretary, J&K Public Service Commission, Polo Ground, Srinagar/Resham Ghar Colony, Bakshi Nagar, Jammu on or before the last date i.e 15.11.2013in an envelope provided by the Commission alongwith the Application Form.
(e) The Commission will, in no case, be responsible for non-receipt of their Application Forms or any delay in receipt thereof on any account whatsoever. No applications received after 15.11.2013 will be entertained under any circumstances and all the late applications shall be deemed to have been rejected. Applicants should, therefore, ensure that their applications reach the Commission office on or before 15.11.2013.
(f) The in-service candidates shall have the certificate from the Head of the Office recorded in the format given at the end of the Scanable Application Form and submit the application form in the Commission office by or on the last date prescribed viz. 15.11.2013. A photocopy of the said application form shall be routed through their appointing authority.
OTHER INFORMATION/INSTRUCTIONS :
All applicants must fulfill the essential requirements of the post and other conditions stipulated in the advertisement. They are advised to satisfy themselves before applying that they possess the essential qualifications prescribed for the post. No enquiry for advice as to the eligibility will be entertained.
i. The prescribed qualifications are minimum and mere possession of the same does not entitle the candidates to be called for interview. Further, the summoning of candidates for interview shall convey no assurance, whatsoever, that they will be selected. Appointment order of the selected candidates will be issued by the Government in accordance with the availability of vacancies.
ii. Save as otherwise provided, in any other Act, Rules, or Regulations in force, where the Commission considers that the number of candidates who have applied for the post to be filled by direct recruitment, on the basis of interview, is large and it is not convenient, or possible, for the Commission to interview all the candidates, the Commission may restrict the number of candidates to be called for interview, to a reasonable limit as provided in rule 40 of J&K Public Service Commission (Business & Procedure Rules) 1980 by short listing in the manner as indicated below:
a) Short listing through a written Screening Test Where the number of applicants exceeds 350 against posts not exceeding 100 and where the number of applicants is more than 3 times against vacancies exceeding 100, the short listing in the proportion of 1 (post) : 3 (applicants) shall be done through a Written Screening Test.
b) Short listing by other methods When the number of applicants for posts upto 100 is 350 or less, the short listing shall be done in the proportion indicated in the sub joined table on the basis of:
(i) Percentage of marks secured in the qualifying examination; and
(ii) Higher qualification, if any, in the relevant subject.
1. Candidate must read the detailed instructions before filling up of the form. He/She must fill the form strictly according to the instructions.
2. Candidates must ensure that no column is left blank or wrongly filled, as information furnished therein would be used for deciding the eligibility and suitability of the candidate for being called for the interview. Application not filled correctly and as per the instructions is liable to be rejected and the responsibility of such rejection would be on the candidate himself/herself. The Commission will not entertain any claim in respect of such rejection.
3. Copies of the certificates should be attached in support of the information given in the form, where necessary. Any information contained in the attached certificates shall not be considered unless it is claimed in the Application Form.
4. Fee amount is payable in the shape of Bank Draft drawn from J&K Bank Limited only or by cash at J&K Bank counters opened in P.S.C Offices both at Jammu/Srinagar. No other mode of payment is acceptable.
5. Applications should be sent/delivered to the Secretary J&K Public Service Commission Reshamghar Colony, Bakshi Nagar, Jammu /Polo Ground Srinagar.
6. For any query visit the Commission's Website (www. jkpsc.nic.in) or Commission's facilitation centre at Jammu/Srinagar or dial Number 0191- 2566710 (Jmu) and 0194 - 2455089 (Sgr).
7. Moreover, in case of clarification, the candidates should mention the Notification No., Item No. and Bar Code No. of the Application Form along with specific information to be sought.
How to Apply : Send Application to "The J&K Public Service Commission, Polo Ground Srinagar/Resham Ghar Colony, Bakshi Nagar, Jammu".
Official website : http://www.jkpsc.nic.in/ (Jammu & Kashmir Public Service Commission (JKPSC) Jobs)
More details Such as Eligibility Criteria, Educational Qualification, Age Limit, Salary Scale, Pay Scale, Exam Date, Exam Center, Syllabus, Papers, Application Form, Apply Online, Selection Procedure, Application Status, Admit Card, Answer Key, Result, Recruitment, Vacancy and Job details of the Jammu & Kashmir Public Service Commission (JKPSC) post of Assistant Engineer (Mechanical) in October 2013 is mentioned above
Click Here For More Details.